Thursday, June 12, 2008

a good day...

I have not been here in a while and I'm sorry...

I have been doing well the last week or so. I am comfortable finally. Some one asked me how I was doing, and I gave the standard "hanging in there" response.. then thought for a couple of seconds, and corrected it with "you know what.. that's not right.. I'm doing good." I have given up trying to control what I can't control... I have realized I control nothing, except whether I am willing to let go of control.

All things are in God's control, and at each moment, each decision, I have a choice to listen to what God is asking me to do, or not listen. The larger the thing the larger the consequences of not listening, but that does not mean that the little things are any more mine to control. My job is to listen and obey. When I do this I am joyful no matter what's going on. Satan the deceiver is always trying to talk me into thinking I have control or trying to convince me that what I have been asked to do is not in my best interest (see Genesis).

My smile is back, and I am doing ok.

--bye